c'est moi

Penn Valley/Seattle, Roots in CA, Roosts in WA
"there are things you do because they feel right and they may make no sense and they make no money and it may be the real reaon we are here: to love eachother and to eat eachother's cooking and say it was good" -storypeople

Monday, February 18, 2008

A Valentine Soup and Grandmother's Prayers

Thursday night there was a Valentine Dinner Party at my house.

Baguette with olive oil, balsamic, and roasted garlic spread
Keats
Potato Leek Soup from 'Apples for Jam'- quite satisfying
Millay
Green Salad with Feta, Avocados, Tomatos and Balsamic dressing
I Like You
Hand shaped Heart sugar cookies with lemon drizzle
More Keats
Whole Wheat Apple Pear Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream
Singing!

And now for another topic: I read through a copy of 'A Diaery of Private Prayer.'
It belonged to my Grandma Patsy and inside there are little notes and underlinings in her hand. Now it my second time through the prayers I find my hand mixed in with hers. Today the morning prayer reminds me how to love my houshold, my roomates, and my family:

"Accompany me today, O Spirit invisible, in all my goings, buy stay with me also when I am in my own home and among my kindred. Forbid that I should fail to show to those nearest to me the sympathy and consideration which Thy grace enables me to show to others with whom I have to do. Forbid that I should refuse to my own household the courtesy and politeness which I think proper to show to strangers. Let charity today begin at home."

No comments: