c'est moi

Penn Valley/Seattle, Roots in CA, Roosts in WA
"there are things you do because they feel right and they may make no sense and they make no money and it may be the real reaon we are here: to love eachother and to eat eachother's cooking and say it was good" -storypeople

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

विष thinking

Curried lentil soup with carrots, orange bells, onions, celery, garlic, parsley, ginger, cumin, chicken broth, pepper and of course, lots of curry powder

Garlic Parsley Muffins

Vanilla Yogurt with blueberry cinnamon sauce

Then you have a few glasses of wine and wait for the boy from the furniture store to call.

You think the soup is ready, but the carrots and lentils are not quite tender enough.

After 2 muffins and another glass of wine you think, "well maybe it's alright if the lentils and carrots are not done enough?"

Cheers to another delicious dinner consumed alone!

By the way, being alone is a good/bad idea.

When alone I begin to think about things in a way I never do while with others. I think about ways to lighten my earthly load (i.e. which handbags I can live without.) I plan out menus for meals I would like to have and invite the people I would like to meet. I think about patterns to weave the lightness the spreads out from my toes into. Sometimes I think about how hard it is to be living and how lovely blooms of crimson would look in the bath water. But, then again, each sunrise calls a new day into being. Each new day brings new possibilities to do good or to stamp out the bad.

1 comment:

dom. said...

Brenna, Amen to the curry! yummmm...

I wish I were there to enjoy it with you! :)

I just received your note in the mail today! Merci beaucoup, mon amie! I had a lovely time in Seattle and even mentioned you on my blog... you should check it out. :)

I"m in the midst of finals and moving apartments...soon it will be Christmas and life will be hectic in an altogether different way....I'm looking forward to it. Just as long as the stress doesn't involve too much packing or writing of papers!

I hope that you had a pleasant Thanksgiving...would love to hear about it. Sending good tidings of great cheer...
dom